eBooks & Audiobooks from Wilton Public Library
By now, you have seen the signs around town and know that September is library card sign up month. If you were thinking of getting a library card, now is the time. It’s easy to do. Just stop into your local library, bring your ID and proof of current address, and magically you get a library card and access to a ton of stuff.
Reasons to get a library card, in no particular order:
- It’s free
- You get access to books, magazines, audiobooks, movies, games, puzzles, and more.
- You can access materials at other libraries too. Winding Rivers is a system and we work together to get you what you want, plus we have access to all the libraries in Wisconsin.
- Libby: an app for your smart devices that contains book and audiobooks. You don’t even need to leave home to use it.
- Kanopy: a streaming service for movies and TV series, plus educational content. Again, pants are not required to use this one either.
- Gale Courses: online access to 1,000s of courses many of which can help you get a job or a promotion. Or you can simply learn to do something because you want to.
- Online access to 1,000s of periodicals from all over the nation.
- Each library card that is issued and used helps us get better funding.
- Access to Creative Bug. An online creativity studio. Learn a new hobby!
- Free in person educational and entertaining classes: story time, craft hour, book club, lego club, board game club, and more is offered every month at WPL, plus there are additional programs offered at other local libraries around the area to attend.
- Access to computers and the internet.
- Access to many office services including fax, printing, copies, scanning, and laminating.
- You get live, in person assistance when you come in.
Reasons NOT to get a library card:
Honestly, I can’t think of any reason NOT to have a library card. It helps the whole community to have one in your pocket and to come in and use it. And really, once you have one, there are a lot of services you can access just from home.
Explore our Shelves
Try one of these recommendations from your librarian. See something that catches your attention? Click the picture to place a hold directly in our library catalog.
(Trouble logging in? We’re happy to send your your login information and talk you through placing holds.)